To be a credentialed coach at a U.S. Figure Skating qualifying level competition, a professional coach or choreographer must meet the following requirements:
• Be declared by a skater at the time of registration or through their Event Management System (EMS) Portal
• Current member in good standing with U.S. Figure Skating AND the Professional Skater’s Association
• Completed background check (green light status)
• Completed SafeSport Training*
• Continuing Education Requirements (CERs) for the 2018-19 Competition Season
• Proof of current general liability insurance with limits of $1 million per occurrence/$5 million aggregate.
*SafeSport training is available through www.usfsaonline.org for full members of U.S. Figure Skating. There is no cost to this training and certification is valid for 2 seasons
Each local organizing committee (LOC) will be provided access via U.S. Figure Skating’s Event Management System (EMS) to verify coach compliance. Coaches will need to check in at the event registration desk and show a government issued photo I.D. to receive a credential. Coaches who are NOT compliant at time of check-in will need to show proof of any/all missing compliance items prior to being accredited. If a coach cannot provide the necessary documents, he or she will not be allowed a credential – no exceptions.